About the Book
From the minute you wake up until the time you fall asleep, you use language. Learn how language functions and how to make it work better for you. Norbert Schmitt, an internationally known language specialist, engagingly explains 100 ways that you can use language more effectively in your everyday life. The book covers a wide range of real-world language topics, including the following and much more:
- The differences between men’s and women’s language
- How to use language more effectively in your business and personal life
- Understanding how politicians and the news spin language
- How your children’s language should develop, and what to do if there are problems
- How language can go wrong after a stroke, or as we grow older
Each language topic is covered in a clear, easy-to-understand manner that assumes no previous knowledge. Each topic is introduced by a question you might be wondering about (What kinds of language tricks do salespeople use to get me to buy things?). The reader-friendly answers are given in short 2-4 page descriptions, with a quick summary at the end. Many sections have brief quizzes or tasks to check how much you know about language and how well you are using it. Each topic also has suggestions for interesting Internet websites to check for more information.
Language is fascinating, and this book shows you some of its details that only experts had access to before.
Buy the Book
The DetailsPublished: September 30, 2023
Publisher: Wayzgoose Press
ISBN-13: 978-1961953000ASIN: B0CBLJ63WM
Genres & Tropes
Education, Language Arts